Monday, August 3, 2009

I’ll play in Shanell’s band

I’ll play in Shanell’s band ANY DAY! So, Saturday night I took a nice little voyage out to Jones Beach for the America’s Most Wanted Tour featuring Jeremih, Pleasure P, Soulja Boy, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne and his Young Money offspring.

Upon my arrival, I was notified that Shanell and I, Weezy’s other female counterpart of the Young Money imprint, would be spending some backstage time together. Cool beans. After a nice like 10 minute sit down with SNL, I was convinced- shorty doo wop just might have a legit shot at this thing called music.

I mean, not that she needs my validation or anything- she’s already worked with Beyonce, Usher, Danity Kane, Ne-Yo, Keri Hilson & Kelis-but I was sold. Not to mention she wrote Weezy’s first rock offering, “Prom Queen”. After watching her strut her stuff onstage for a good 40 minutes, she then debuted her new single, “Play In My Band” featuring Lil Wayne.

The rock/hip-hop infused tune caught my attention because it didn’t sound like a forced attempt to jump outside of the box. It sounded more like something she actually WATNED to do. With that said, Shanell decided to throw me the single so you guys could get a taste of what she’s about to bring to the table. Download, “Play In My Band” featuring Lil Wayne, below.

Shanell ft. Lil Wayne- Play In My Band

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    chinese drywall test

    ReplyDelete